Thursday, May 23, 2013

it's not like i'm counting

Summer break...the time for waking up a bit later than usual, the warm sun, gorgeous sunsets, nice Oakley runs, living at home, more days of not putting on make up {hallllllllelujah) and, for the lovely summer of 2013 (please sound the bells........) wedding planning.

It all "officially" started March 23rd, 2013, the day after JD proposed. It could not have been more perfect {other than the fact that I wish I had actually taken the time to look acceptable for the night rather than waking up from a lovely 3 hour nap and hopping in the car to head up to "go to his sister's for dinner". I'm still much happier that it was a surprise though...I thought I had at least 2 weeks before he'd pop the ??? . He told me he hadn't even bought the ring yet, was stressing about making a decision on one, and had planned that we were going "ring shopping" again the next day. "Liar, liar plants for hire...."}.







     

                   awkward sibling photo...









I think I was the only one who ate the pizza....this girl needs her nutrients


The ring was perfect, the pizza was perfect (pepperoni & pineapple), the park was perfect, and it was all with JD. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

July 26th, 2013...the countdown began, the planning began, and the quick realization that it was FOREVER away began.

Planning. Something JD would probably tell you I'm a little OCD about. I'm the type of person who likes to have a plan for the most part. Yes, jot me down for some spontaneity. I love me some spontaneity, but I also love to have at least somewhat of an outline. It gets annoying at times, even for me, but it keeps me closer to sane rather than insane. 

My madre and I are pretty much trying & doing most everything ourselves. That's how we roll, but I could not be doing this without her. She's superwoman and it freaks me out sometimes (in a good way) how much she knows about close to everything. We love ourselves some arts & crafts (as does JD), so we've been getting down to work going to lots of arts & crafts stores (thank you Michaels, Joannes, Home Depot and ACE). We also should probably start practicing making the cake...because I cannot for the life of me let my parents spend a few hundred dollars on a cake that will for the most part probably be thrown away. It's just not like me. I mean, I'm not even a big fan of cake.

But the planning, decorations, orders, and everything else that goes into a wedding (which is surprisingly, or not so surprisingly, a ton) is luckily coming along quite well. That's the ONLY reason I'm happy the wedding is in July.






Other than that....we both impatiently wait for July & yes we are definitely counting












No comments:

Post a Comment