Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference is rad. The Church is true.

General conference weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year. A huge box of Sees nuts and chews and incredible food (thanks to my mother) obviously have a great pull in that reason, but an even stronger pull is that there is something enlightening about listening to the living prophet {Thomas S. Monson} and the apostles that helps me step back and focus more on giving me a better perspective than I had going into it. 

I had written down a question I wanted answered, but as conference started, I had already forgotten what I had been thinking about (shocker).  After looking back at my notes by the end, I realized that my question had been answered in every single thought and quote that I had written down in my journal. 

Life is to be enjoyed. We are here to love those around us, whether they are reciprocating that love to us or not. If we focus on our relationship with our Heavenly Father, strengthening & making it a priority, that love towards others will become second nature. 

This was such a great message for me. Lately, I have been focusing so much more about what others are doing wrong or how "bugged" I am (pathetic, I know) rather than being grateful for what I have been blessed with and being patient and realizing that I really don't know anyone else's story or what they are going through. Love is the answer.

Thanks conference for being so rad. You get me every time. I'll see you in October, but in the meantime, I'll catch up and reread this conference's talks...because I may or may not have fallen asleep during part of the afternoon session....zzzz.







ps: Bell had puppies just a week and a half ago and they may or may not have been part of our entertainment during morning session. Too stinkin' adorable.





No comments:

Post a Comment